
Tonight my mom phoned me again, and that was the third time she called since last Saturday. I think I'm gradually losing my patience: The first call was bad news. Uncle Ping who got a cancer fainted while helping Uncle SehGiu in the farm. The cancer cells had spread to his brain, but the doctor diagnosed that there is still 70% of strike-rate, which indicates that curing from this disease still remains hope. There is still a slim hope of success, so actually it was not really bad news. What made me frustrated was that my mom's superstition. She said that she is unable to visit Uncle Ping because the fortune-teller told her not to attend any funerals or grievous occasions this year. Also, she mentioned that if my brother and I were still at our hometown, we could represent her to visit Uncle Ping. It was not our first time being her representative; are we still responsible to do so even though we are not at her side? I could almost expect what my aunts and cousins responses would be then. Of course they won't blame us, but just my mom.
I didn't remember what's her contents of the second call, maybe it was a call about her bad health. If what the fortune-teller told is true, why isn't she healthy now? What she talked to me tonight was that my uncle had finally succeeded in his critical operation. Needless to say, there are still cancer cells in his brain, they are not totally cleaned off; however, it is still considered lucky to overcome this difficulty. I knew that she won't want to spend that money on that treatment as she even suggested not to take this course. But it is rather like sending his own brother's life away than rescue him from suffering if you don't offer money to help him. Why couldn't she understand? Why nobody included me dare to make her understand?
My Aunt Moi is always the sponsor for the medical treatment fee of Uncle Ping. She is the most considerate of all and she is the one who cares brotherliness the most among all my aunts and uncles. Perhaps my mom is the worst. She even gave up the opportunity to see Uncle Ping's last face, if that unfortune really happened. I couldn't fight her back otherwise she would think of nobody is with her, which then leads her to hypochondria that I most worried about. I think Aunt Moi did talk back, maybe she have scolded my mom for not accompanying her to the hospital, because my mom complained a lot to me about her just now. She told me that if Aunt Moi so wanted to help him then go ahead and help why did she want my mom to get together?
After listening her grumbles, I think i owe Aunt Moi a debt again. A debt of human kindness that will endless to pay off.

No comments:
Post a Comment